Saturday 13 August 2022

My Pixar Tier List

 My Pixar Tier List.


I'm not the biggest Disney/Pixar fan on the planet. I don't go to the parks every year, wear Disney branded clothes or put a sticker of Tinkerbell with 'powered by pixie dust' on my car (maybe I should, it would look fabulous). However, Disney/Pixar was definitely a big part of my childhood and you would have to be the the most pretentious of film lovers (rahrahrah Eraserhead rahrahrah) to not admit that they have made some great films. Here is my personal tier list of Pixar films, maybe I'll do the Disney films one day. Just to warn you, my opinion on Finding Nemo might make you hate me and I haven't watched quite a few Pixar films such as Coco or Cars. 


Rank D (a bit shit):

Monsters University - I watched it and can't remember anything that happens so I'm guessing it wasn't great.

Rank C (below average):

Finding Nemo - I know most people love it but Ellen Degeneres' voice acting just really grates on me and I don't like any of the main characters. Definitely overrated in my opinion.

Brave - Beautifully animated but it just seemed really disjointed to me and the whole bear thing felt more random than purposeful. 

Rank B (good):

These films are all good but none of them had a profound effect on me. Solid all round. 

Rank A (great): 

Monsters Inc - Loads of really memorable characters and all the voice acting is spot on. Particularly the little girl Boo, I recommend looking up how they captured her voice because it's adorable.

Toy Story 3 - We all cried at that scene in the incinerator thing. Right?

Up - The first half of this film is some of the most perfect animated story telling I've ever seen. The second half of the film is a bit meh. 

Rank S (I love these!):

Toy Story - My favourite animated film of all time. We had the VHS when I was a kid and probably watched it about 300 times. 

Toy Story 2 - Almost as perfect as the first one and gives Woody a brilliant character arc. Also adds characters that feel almost as iconic as those introduced to us in the first film.

Inside Out - Such a clever idea for a film and one of those rare films that I feel all children would actually benefit from watching. All of the emotions are portrayed and voiced perfectly. 

Soul - One of those films that really stayed with me after I watched it. It's hard to watch this without reflecting on your own life/dreams/decisions and I know me and my wife ended up talking about all of those things for hours after we watched it.

Anyway, please let me know which films I got right/wrong in my rankings or which animated films are your favourites.






No comments:

Post a Comment